Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Boys' Nursery!!

At the current time I am 32 weeks pregnant and have been on bed rest for 1 week.  So finally, I have the time to post about the nursery!  It is as done as it is gonna get for the time being :)

In the beginning we had big ideas.  Big pinterest type ideas.  (Side thought- Don't you sometimes hate pinterest for making your home decor, clothes, or whatever feel so very lackluster? Or is it just me?)  Example: we thought we might cover and entire wall in barn wood, do bead board, or something of the like.  I planned on getting posh bedding and such.  Reality: baby stuff is expensive!!  (Second side thought- It reminds me of wedding stuff.  Call a caterer and get a price to feed 100 people for a "family reunion",  wait a week call the same caterer and get a price for a 100 person wedding... they will be different. Rip off.)

When it came down to it we just got realistic. We weren't gonna sink a ton of cash into a room for 2 small humans who don't give a rip.  And secondly we realize that with two children we will likely outgrow our house in a few years so why go nuts-o on a room that we are unable to move with us.





Simple twin boy nursery.  Matching cribs were a must since they would be sharing a room.  That was the most expensive part. (Read here about the crib deal I got.)  

So finding the bedding was the hardest part about the whole nursery process for me.  Like I said I originally had big dreams for their bedding.  But holy cow! Most everything I liked was $350 per set per ONE crib!! I just could not sink $700 into bedding that would likely be stained with vomit and poop!  So I did the 'bed in a bag' thing.  

Brand is "Trend Lab"& Style is "Max" 
I purchased this 3 piece set (sheet, skirt, quilt) for around $60 each from Amazon.  I also got the matching valances and diaper caddy from there too!




Next we painted the walls a blue color to compliment the bedding.  Then my favorite part was the mallard duck decals I found at this etsy shop.  We definitely wanted a duck theme nursery because my husband is super passionate about duck hunting.  We did NOT want it to be 'rubber ducky' style but the real mallard deal!



Hubby found this perfect sized for between the crib shelf at Lowes. Notice all the mallard ducks :)


No the dresser does not match, but oh well.  It's huge with lots of storage and we 'borrowed' it from our guest bedroom set for the time being.  My dad made the changing table topper. 


Comfy rocking recliner, rug, and an antique kid size rocking chair finish off their room!

No comments:

Post a Comment